About Me.

Hi, I'm Rosemary. This blog is solely for my comm tech course. You will not find anything personal about myself here, instead you will find blogs about a series of topics in which I am told to write about. Thanks for taking the time to hear me out! Hope you enjoy what I have to say.

Music.

You are currently listening to _______.

Archives.

December 2008
May 2009
June 2009



Sunday, June 7, 2009

eccentrick!

I must say, this year's art show was a great success! It was wonderful to take part in the making of Mary Ward's art show, for the second year. Dare I say, this year was better than any other year in which I have experienced. I have been attending Mary Ward's art show ever since four years ago. I remember coming to the art show in grade seven, being amazed at how big the show was and how excellent the work was. Being part of the making of the art show was a wonderful experience. I really had no idea what I was actually in for. The week before the art show was a crazy one, nonetheless. Many people were in the basement preparing for the show and getting everything nice and neat.

This year was a bit different for me. Last year I had only participated in the art course, therefore only helping the visual art department for the art show. This year I also took the comm tech course. (Great course, by the way!) In being part of two course in the arts, I had more of a responsibility this year, compared to last.

Each year, I am simply amazed at how artistic the workpieces come out. I am also a fan of how diverse the art is. The art pieces varied from custom made dresses, to hand-made stuffed animals, to clay sculptures, to films. It was fantastic!

The one piece of artwork that i really enjoyed was the grade nine's skull piece. I think this piece was fantastic and really shows what great teamwork can accomplish. I really liked this project because since I am enrolled in the visual art course I saw the process in whcih they had to go through. Teamwork was a key in this project. In my opinion the final product came out beautiful and it just shows that anything is possible to accomplish.