About Me.

Hi, I'm Rosemary. This blog is solely for my comm tech course. You will not find anything personal about myself here, instead you will find blogs about a series of topics in which I am told to write about. Thanks for taking the time to hear me out! Hope you enjoy what I have to say.

Music.

You are currently listening to _______.

Archives.

December 2008
May 2009
June 2009



Sunday, June 7, 2009

Colossal U Ad Campaign

In viewing the Colossal U ad, I was simply in shock Several questions ran through my mind such as: Why are they promoting this message? What are they really up to? Are they trying to promote this idea or simply just trying to get the audience's attention? Would a university, such as Colossal U really want to promote this message to potential applicants? I was in shock at the fact that this university would really want to promote the idea that every student that goes there will have the same ideas, and not be unique at all.

In the event of viewing the Colossal U website, I was simply astonished. The website first showed a ton of writing, information covered. Then a girl suddenly appeared, pushing the information out of the way. This was such a unique way of presenting their purpose. It definitely grabbed my attention, no doubt about it. The way that girl was on the screen just talking was interesting and showed me just how high tech things are these days.

Through this advertisement I came to see that people are attracted to negative aspects of universities and things that are out of the usual. Everyone is accustomed to the regular phrases such as, 'every student is unique' but when the phrase is opposite, its stirs up the audiences mind and grabs their attention. This shows that many people live for drama.