About Me.

Hi, I'm Rosemary. This blog is solely for my comm tech course. You will not find anything personal about myself here, instead you will find blogs about a series of topics in which I am told to write about. Thanks for taking the time to hear me out! Hope you enjoy what I have to say.

Music.

You are currently listening to _______.

Archives.

December 2008
May 2009
June 2009



Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Gaming Gone Wild

There is no doubt that video games are a very popular type of entertainment and have been integrated into many teenagers daily lives. Many people have different opinions on video games, some believe that it is a negative asset in our society, others are in love with video games and can't get enough, and others like myself are on the fence about the topic.

Personally, when I use electronics for a long period of time, I get a sense of having no life, or being very lazy. I do not like this feelings and would rather be outside at the park or hanging out with friends or family. I understand that this is a personal choice and others would want to rather stay inside finishing their level. I find it quite amazing that some people are able to play video games for more than five hours.

I feel that it is also parents responsibility to make sure that their child is not constantly always playing video games. Parents should get their kids active in activities or anything else rather than sitting there doing nothing important. Video games is not a very educational activity and can waste a teenager's childhood.

I believe that enough is enough when teenagers look forward to going home just so that they can play their video game. In this event, teenagers are relying on these video games as a source of entertainment and are getting hooked unto them. These video games are designed to provide hours of entertainment. When teenagers play them, the need for moving onto the next level is crucial. This makes teenagers not wanting to put the game down, or excited to play it again.

Although it may seem that video games has many negative assets, it does give a great sense of entertainment. It keeps teenagers busy, and some parents even like it because it allows for them to have a quiet house. Teenagers should realize that there is a boundary of being obsessed with video games and spending a few hours a week to keep entertained.