About Me.

Hi, I'm Rosemary. This blog is solely for my comm tech course. You will not find anything personal about myself here, instead you will find blogs about a series of topics in which I am told to write about. Thanks for taking the time to hear me out! Hope you enjoy what I have to say.

Music.

You are currently listening to _______.

Archives.

December 2008
May 2009
June 2009



Sunday, May 17, 2009

"Everything is amazing and nobody is happy"

Watching this particular video was quite comedic and interesting. It made me realize that it is unquestionable that people are in fact unhappy, when they have absolute no reason to be. People do not realize how astonishing it is for us to have the certain technology that we have today.

Being a teenager, we have the mindset that our technology is not a big deal at all. As a child, we have grown up learning how to work a computer, television, etc. We have seen technology evolve and get even more high tech than it already is, that nothing can come as that much of a surprise anymore. Take computers for an instance, when I was a child a desktop consisted of a large tan coloured screen, these days computers are much more high tech, some even as then as my agenda! Teenagers have not seen the types of things that adults have seen. We did not see how much of a big deal it was when households started to have computers. These days teenagers are accustomed to spending several hours with any type of technology. These various types of technology can include anything from battery powered toothbrushes, iPods, MAC laptops, cell phones, and televisions. Can you imagine how human beings were able to create the invention of a battery? I know that I sure can't. It's simply amazing once you take a deep look into it.

I can't lie, there have been a few times where I have struggled with technology. In the event in which my computer is lagging, I get very frustrated and simply irritated. Also, when my cell phone doesn't turn on or does allow my to text my friends can be very stressful. I take technology for granted and do not realize that we are privileged to have these assets. The certain items that I would not be able to live without include my cell phone, my computer, my stereo, and the television. These pieces of technology are used everyday and I would not be as entertained each day if I did not have these items.

In my opinion, I feel that some pieces of technology can waste my life. I always find myself in the situation where I spend too much time on websites such as facebook, or youtube, uselessly wasting time. I believe that without pieces of technology I would most definitely spend more time with family and friends. I think that I should decide on where I spend my time properly so that the time I spend with family and friends, is more than I spend using technology.